Monday, May 25, 2015

More 2016



I am somewhat impressed with myself. The same day I posted “2016” the New York Times also ran a story about the Marco Rubio vs Hillary Clinton scenario. Even though I discuss that Democrats need to be wary of assuming Hillary is going to win and be careful of Rubio, the Times article goes into much more detail as to why the Democrats need to worry about Rubio. So if you don’t think what I am saying is of concern for the Democrats here is the link to the Times story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/23/us/politics/prospect-of-hillary-clinton-marco-rubio-matchup-unnerves-democrats.html?_r=0

Yet for me I am still trying to figure out how to move people to look at more alternatives. I am still with the belief that neither Hillary, Rubio, nor any other known Republican or Democrat contender is what this country needs. Well, okay there aren’t too many other Democrat choices right now, however, the Republicans have given us a smorgasbord of options. They just aren’t the right choices, or at least any potential to do us any good choices.

I fight a Don Quixotic battle or it must seem so to many of my readers. I disagree with my own statement here. Democracy thrives on growth. Even if no one listens, there is still a good fight to be fought. I cannot sit back and let the country be hijacked by a few. If I sit quiet I fail in my duty to my country. If I lose, I lose, but I lost because my message is not strong enough, not because I am wrong.

We need new leadership. We are not getting this from our current two major parties. And one drag on changing maybe the perception that people, including myself, always talk about is “third” parties. So let’s try saying we need to replace the two major parties with new ones or at least have a new major party. Change comes about when people accept the inevitable and sometimes they just need the change put into a language they can accept.

There may be too much talk about the idea of third parties so people do not relate that to being a main stream change, but a peripheral group that is just tolerated. I propose to change the verbiage going forward that we need new major parties. When the old die, let them pass away with grace. And that time has come. I don’t want to speak ill will of the dead, but let us acknowledge what is dying and find the new born for the 21st century.

It isn’t that our values and our ideals are changing, it is finding the people/vehicles that can keep them fresh and responsive to our present. The current two parties have lost that ability. My goal is to open the eyes of a reader and hopefully engage them enough to help spread and activate this message.

So if you are afraid to change I give you this quote from Mae West.

“Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.”

We are already going off a cliff with the current group in office, maybe it wouldn’t hurt to hand over the steering wheel to someone else. They may actually make a turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment