Wednesday, May 3, 2017

My latest fear and some more random comments

Have you ever wondered why the Republicans just do not outright denounce Trump? Sure, there have been many discussions on this and I am wondering if one stuck in the back of my mind. The fear is that the Republicans are seeing how far Trump can go. The party and national leaders are already owned by the oligarchs of this country so why not let him go as far as he can. And even if he flames out, you can consolidate and then push the envelope further.  Basically, they don’t care about Trump or his policies, even the ones they like, they just care about how far this can be taken so the oligarchs can consolidate their power even more so after him. Granted not the most optimistic future, yet like I said a fear.


And for tax policy and Trump’s proposal, why can’t we reverse this cart before the horse thing. I have said this before in varying ways, let’s just give the corporate tax breaks once they invest back into American. Let’s give breaks for wage increases, new jobs, investments in infrastructure (maybe public private partnerships), new technologies, then maybe we can look at tax breaks for the corporations and the benefactors of corporate ownership.

Actually, I had thought a bit more about this and I wanted to draw my own little diagram such as the Laffer napkin that is making the news again. Well, cannot think of a cute drawing to show this idea.  We do need a visualization though of something different, whether it be diagrams or charts or even more creativity to spur some thinking.
You know the phrase: rising tide lifts all boats, well the tide just needs to start on the other side of the bay than where it has been for the last few decades. There is always the far left that wants to spread the wealth or whatever, however, a civilization needs diversity of its people and even economic diversity. The problem has become the consolidation of wealth and the wealthy making all the rules. We just need to rearrange how the tide rises so that the poor, working class, middle class and even the upper middle class receive some benefits disproportionate to the uber rich until a bit more balance is in the economy.  I know for many it is hard to say, you can’t take away all benefits from the rich or they will take their money and run somewhere else. We need them to invest. There is too much money sitting in accounts making money for the sake of making money. This really isn’t capitalism, and actually hurts capitalism. They need to see there will be a benefit to their efforts if we get them to invest in the country again. The hard part is getting them to realize there is going to be outsize benefits in other parts of the bay before they see the tide rise.  We all know this is the right thing to do, except them. They have become quite accustomed to having it their way. Work will need to be done.

And finally, I talk about finding new people to run for office and developing new parties. Well there are many programs and such out there. Believe it or not, I made the effort and reached out to one of those organizations. The call themselves the Centrist project and I find their work potentially very beneficial. I will be mentioning them off and on going forward as I see an opportune moment. I have spoken with one of the local leaders directly and had a very enjoyable conversation with him. I have promised to do some volunteer work for them on occasion. They are trying to find and promote independent candidates. I still feel we need two new major parties. So much of D.C. is ingrained insanity so you need organizational support to be able to make changes in the current practices of government. I once wrote a piece about the problems a true independent President would have if one was elected then tried to institute a whole new set of policies and ideas. This group though is trying more to get independents elected to Congress to throw off any one party having a working majority. It would help, yet I feel this policy would have been better implemented ten or so years ago.


Basically, they are the antithesis of the tea party movement. The tea party seems to want only want they want and put blinders on to true governance. It is my way or the highway. Unfortunately, there is no way a large country can be governed by this short sightedness. The Centrist Project wants to put independents in to drive governance back to a more central less extremist view of governing.  I will stop here, they have a National website you can go and read more information. Better let them speak for themselves than me give you my view.  Again, I will comment on them and other groups as I explore further. I do salute them for taking action and hopefully their efforts will be fruitful.

No comments:

Post a Comment