Wednesday, November 28, 2018

They say nothing good happens after midnight.


So, when does the good start back up? When the milkman delivers milk? The paper boy newspapers? Sunrise?

Who knows, it seems bad happens 24/7. Good, well that is debatable.

And I am fighting the urge to discuss the bad. Okay, not really bad in the biblical sense, but bad from the Bible or some people’s interpretations.

I do not believe in the rapture. I do believe in God, essentially the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I do not like the impression I get that the evangelical Christians want to create the end times, so they can all be part of the Rapture. It lets them not be accountable for their lack of action or following the true teachings of Christ. Sure, they do Christian activities, but really diving down and following Christ, not so sure on that one. And I know they feel I am evil for not believing in the end times like they do. We all have our opinion.

I struggle though with a group of people so obsessed with a theory about Armageddon that is not two hundred years old, but they treat it like it came directly from the Book of Revelation. It didn’t. It is a creation of the fore runners to the modern evangelicals. Yet they have become a large enough group and with their obsession helped elect the one person that comes close in personality to the entity we are all to despise and avoid. This entity would bring about the end times and help all good people be part of the Rapture. First of all, the Bible very distinctly says, man will not know the hour, but they sure want to make the hour happen. And second, they do not feel the person they elected is this entity I am referencing. They support him because he appears to support Israel, but in a way that would lead to Armageddon. Which is something they want. Again, we all have our opinion. I do not think they are right, and their efforts to become correct actually go against the one person they believe in as the ultimate authority on mankind and everything else. Man will not know the hour.

Do I believe our President is the Anti-Christ? No, but I believe he is the living embodiment of everything anti-Christian. Everything he does almost always goes against Jesus’ teaching. And these people who swear by Jesus seem to miss the boat on this one. Irony is either not a strong enough word or the correct word for what applies in this situation.

Well I started writing this after midnight, so you can blame all this on nothing good is happening right now. Or you can deal with the truth, which most people including myself struggle with on a daily basis. And since it is after midnight there is an element of being tired as crap as I write this, which doesn’t help the flow. Yet, if I do not do it now I may never write this.
I saw a comment on a post where the person states Jesus was a liberal. Always amazes me when people try to direct Jesus into their world. Jesus is neither conservative nor liberal. He is simply the truth. We ignore the truth and his teachings, but he and his teachings still exist. Everyone wants to put God in a box to fit their reality. And so, you can expect that when I say mankind barely knows 2-3% of the truth, people do not want to hear it. Anyway, it is late, I have been holding back on writing this idea for days now and it has gone through various iterations in my head. This is the mildest version. Still worried our wonderful government may take anything you say the wrong way. Apparently, they showed up at Tom Arnold’s house recently, but he probably did say something that caught someone’s ear. I haven’t heard what and I am not internet searching for the answer right now.

The bug was in my head and I had to let it out. I am still amazed that evangelical Christians spend more time telling us what we do wrong but hold in the highest esteem a man who contradicts everything the man they say is their savior and path to salvation taught. Labels are so misleading. Calling Trump, a conservative, and calling evangelicals Christians are two labels that seem to go hand in hand, but Trump and the evangelicals are neither no matter what myths they create for themselves.

Cheers all

No comments:

Post a Comment