Tuesday, January 22, 2019

A bit of Dallas Sports, politics and more incomplete shutdown comments


I will start with the Sports since the Mavs are playing tonight and this is about the Mavs. I am about to commit minor sacrilege.  Coach Carlisle doesn’t move this team anymore. I still think he knows more about the xs and os and coaching in general, but I fear he is not motivating the team. I do not know if we need a new coach or maybe a fire breathing assistant coach, but the team doesn’t seem to be motivated to play the whole 48 minutes. I think if they play hard the whole game they would win more. Yet it seems more and more they go for a stretch and play well then just coast or let the other team grab the momentum and run away with it.

In my opinion the Mavs are a better team than their record. They are a team that is greater than the sum of their parts, so they need to play well with intensity, but when they do, they look really good. Super frustrating to watch. And I think Carlisle is just not pushing the right buttons and this isn’t about the DSJ thing, but that is just a symptom of the problem facing Coach Carlisle. Hopefully I am wrong, and they just need to get some momentum going to right this ship.

And I jumped out on Trump’s speech the other day and one comment I made was the Democrats will eventually need to present something new to grab the momentum with the body politic of the U.S.  I still think this is true. They can get by for a bit longer with their rhetoric, but sooner or later they must sound like they can govern, or people will get tired. Much of the pretentious left didn’t grade Trump’s speech very high which is expected, but he came out and did something. Most people do not follow the details so saying he is still holding the workers hostage by saying he is just giving back what he took away may work, but action speaks louder than words. The Dems better quit acting insulted and start rolling up their sleeves and start working. The body politic is very fickle.

And I double dog dare anyone to come up with a plan. I outlined one recently. Can the Dems or the Reps get creative and practical? I doubt it, but at least I tried, and my ideas were not that radical, somewhat mainstream except for one I am holding back because many practical people would flat out run away if heard, yet if I could find a way to open some minds before presenting, I might try.

And McConnell says he is going to bring two votes to the Senate floor and let the Senate decide. I cannot wait till this happens. If the vote without the wall wins the larger majority, Trump’s talking heads will explode and say all manor of derision. Yet if we get the push back till February vote, then the Dems must put pen to paper and show the world they can do something. And if they don’t then Trump can regain some ground. Not much, but some. I do not like him getting any kudos, but he can yell much on he is compromising even though in reality he isn’t. The pretentious left can belittle Trump all they want, but if they want to win in 2020 it will take more.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment