Saturday, January 19, 2019

Trump hits hard serve (speech on 01/19/19)


The President just finished speaking and I am not going to try and break down the details. I do want to say he sounded Presidential and like he had a plan. Again, I do not know about the details and their viability, but for people who do not make a living developing public policy he sounded good. There will be partisanship, but the Democrats better come up with another plan now.

President Trump may see a pick up in poll numbers with this proposal because he did something. I have been saying all week on other formats the Democrats need to present a plan and they should have beat him to the punch. They didn’t and now some of the blame for the continuation of the shut-down will fall on them. Mark my words. So do they have a strong return prepared?

And on a general note, why is it only Dems and Reps can speak to the Country. Why can’t we have an independent voice given the same amount of airtime as the Dems and Reps. Neither party has a significant majority in the country and by and large independents make up a significant portion of the country. I know it would be a logistical nightmare to figure out who can speak for independents, but I think we should sue for equal time.  Just a thought moving forward.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment