Monday, May 27, 2019

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY


I hope everyone enjoys this day.

I do want to say something but I have to be careful since I will be throwing large stones through very thin walls of a glass house.

We do not appreciate this day enough. What am I doing, nothing except planning on piddling around or going somewhere for entertainment.

And I just saw the morning news where here in Dallas about 30,000 people are doing something special in honor of our fallen veterans.

And I always speak of my family’s history in the military and I am no better than most. I should do more, hopefully one day I will. And my point to all this is maybe our political rancor of late would be tempered down if we did appreciate this day more. If we all understood the sacrifices people have made so we can “exercise” our right to free speech and act like turds on social media etc, then remembering will help us do better. Hopefully one day we will remember.

Happy Memorial Day, please take at least one moment to remember the people in your family who have served.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment