Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Save you life, don’t move to Dallas and more hodge podge of hodge podge

 

Right now we are without power while typing this, yet do not know when it will get posted. Once the power turns back on and our wifi comes up, I will post it. The headlines today say most power in North Texas will back by Friday. Today is Wednesday. I am presuming they are working in sections so who knows where the power comes back on first, but probably anything close to hospitals, fire stations etc will be repaired first. Also note the headline said most power so there are probably some low priority areas that are going to be hurting for a bit longer. (I found out later that the hardest hit areas are targeted for Saturday)

And it is Texas and it is hot and humid, so there is that.

And because of the power outages, there are significant amount of traffic lights out. And on Tuesday everyone was driving civilly, each person taking the proper turn as per four way stop rules with blinking traffic lights. It didn’t take long here in North Texas for the less civil to start doing their thing. People are just flying through the lights like nothing exists. I saw one wreck this morning where by the amount of damage someone was going at a good speed and hit someone in the intersection. And here we are day two I have seen way too many people just fly right through these intersections, even going around people properly stopped in one lane waiting there turn. One person who took their turn was almost hit by someone who tried to go around another person and just drove on through. Drivers here are bad enough on a good day and to see this lack of respect for others is just plain dangerous. So my advice stay away and save life, limb and property.

 

And I am wondering if 80 years of breathing leaded fuel exhaust has made people stupid. I know we have unleaded fuel now, but how much brain damage was caused to people who lived in high pollution environments or worked in close proximity to lead exhaust and spent years of their lives breathing it in. Just a thought as to why we have so much craziness now. And for the life of me I have never understood why people think breathing poison is okay.

 

Hope wherever you are, things are looking up.

 

And one of these days I need to update some pictures.     Smh at myself

No comments:

Post a Comment