Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I thought last night was a crazy thought.


Last night I stumbled through some dime store philosophy because I wanted to try and create some interest in choosing to do right. It came about in my head because of all the,mass shootings etc. I don't pretend I have any great answers to life, but I wanted to get a reader to realize doing good or working on solving problems is a constant battle we need to address and unfortunately you cannot let up Apathy is dangerous. Wow, then we had the events of today.


Most of you are probably aware an unknown tea party candidate beat Cantor in the Virginia primary. That is news, but what happened around that is crazy. Reading through posts/comments the tea party die hards are truly enamored with themselves. My issue is now: what is the true tea party agenda? Do they have one? How unified might it be?

I know many posters etc take extreme viewpoints on their posts. They might be a bit more brazen than in real life. It is just this one post I read that scared the crap out of me. I mean scared the crap out of me. The poster put it out there, an eight or nine point post for God and country and asked people to stand up for it.

There were some scary thoughts. He says that Jesus is love and peace, but talks about how we should balance our budget so we have money to invade Syria and Iran. He mentions something called the Iran project, whatever is that. He mentions we should just end all social programs even stating veterans should be proud to buy private insurance like the rest of us. As you know I believe we should balance our budget, but there is a way to do it and still do right for the people of our country. I have always said you cannot ignore problems or the true cost will be much greater.

It was just his complete God is the only way (and definitely his version of God). At one point he is arguing about all the unqualified voters and if we got rid of them then the Republicans will win. This is some serious "Mein Kamf" II kund a stuff. (sorry on spelling). So I wonder how truly representative is this person if the larger tea party or any group. I hope I am giving you gist of how far from God, country, and of course the constitution this person is.

And this is where my point last night becomes interesting to note again (okay I'm boasting), but I feel it needs to be said again: we cannot become apathetic, we have to feed the good wolf within ourselves. Failure to do such and act allows nuts like this poster to get an audience. You cannot ignore this insanity. There is much hate in our country and don't think it is all on the fringe. People are angry and lost, being apathetic and indifferent will doom us to a horrid repeat of history

How does the average Joe Republican learn to distinguish what he needs to decipher?

I believe in a responsive, responsible agenda, but I fear we are heading to the extremes. Vote independent and vote.
And if it sounds like I am trying to scare you a bit. I AM!

We really need to work hard to save us, our people, and our constitution, but we need to work The crazy and angry know no bounds and they have rich people trying to manipulate them into success.

Do I feel all tea party members are like the person described, no, but so much can be manipulated good people can make bad decisions.

The

No comments:

Post a Comment