Saturday, September 29, 2018

It isn’t about Pro-Life, but it is


A few days ago, I said I didn’t want to write anything about the Kavanaugh situation. Okay I changed my mind.

One of the reasons the so-called conservatives want to have Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court is because he supports the Pro-life cause. I do not know him, so I do not know how supportive he is as an individual. There are other reasons the so-called conservatives want Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court and they are more nefarious. Okay in my opinion there are some reasons that are nefarious and since it is truly subjective on my part I am keeping those to myself.

The Pro-Life reasoning though has some heaping bits of hypocrisy in what happened in the hearing on Thursday. If you are truly Pro-life, you know it is the respect of life from conception to natural death. It is not just the support of unborn children. So, how come Professor Ford was not treated with respect or her situation treated with respect by certain members of the committee that supposedly support Pro- life causes?

Women should not be treated secondarily if you are truly pro-life. And issues of sexual assault should be just as important to any Pro-life person as protecting the life of an unborn child. Again, Pro-Life is dignity of life from conception to natural death for all.

Just a quick thought on a dreary Saturday afternoon here in North Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment