Friday, April 3, 2020

Random comments for Spring 2020


Well, cars haven’t learned to social distance yet. I was out driving for the first time in a while and yes people still tailgate, cross three lanes of traffic in front of someone to turn left instead of right, speed through traffic, drift into your lane while you are right beside them, so nope, cars do not seem to be worried about getting into a wreck with a complete stranger and have to change information. I do not like to speak negatively so I guess that some people can be called common sense challenged as a nice synonym for the word idiots.

The better half is working at home so she has the work laptop on and apparently, her work has an ongoing way to stay in touch, they are keeping open a portal so people can communicate with each other as needed. Not knowing this I was ready to head out the door and check into the nearest hospital because I kept hearing voices and there was no one else in the room. And yes the laptop was out but folded almost completely closed so the voices were very indistinct. Either madness or fever and neither sounded good to me.

I have washed my hands so much they are sandpaper now. I bath them in lotion every night before going to bed to soak, but halfway through the day, they are back to scraping against everything. And we are not talking fine sandpaper either. I am tired of soap and I am tired of hand sanitizer. And on that note has your face ever itched so much. I do not mean the mild itch for half a second you never noticed before, but excruciating so that you want to scratch hard itches. It almost feels like you have a large rash developing instantaneously on just one spot on your face.  In writing this post, my face has exploded in outlandish itch twice. 
The better half just looked at me and said we are now going to talk about vicarious trauma. Whaaaat?

I am working most of the time in the office and some at home. I do not mind working at home, but now it seems I am bringing the office home. This is a problem. Work is one thing as in doing specific functional tasks is one thing, but now having to answer emails, check phone messages, etc is too much. I realized I prefer working in the office. I like my home life and my work life separate. 

And what I hate is that every bad decision I make today, did I touch something, did that person I talked to in the elevator take care of themself, did I remember to bring my own pen for the sign-in sheets, how many times did I touch my face in the grocery store, etc means I have a 14-day wait to hope that wasn’t the wrong time to do that. Yes, I know you cannot live in fear so you go on, but this is what is crazy and why people do not understand why we have to have the shelter in places or whatever. The virus is virulent and has way too long of a potential incubation period. Too many people have not let that soak into their brains. 

Maybe there needs to be a Republican brokered convention in August and someone should throw in the hat of the Governor of Maryland. Just a thought.

And if you decide to elect me President, there is a General in Italy and another one in South Korea that would be high on my list for Chief of Staff or a Cabinet position. We still are a great country, too bad the greatness is not celebrated enough or emulated enough. 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment