Thursday, October 15, 2020

The dueling banjos stupidity

Well by now the two town halls are about done. I wasn’t going to watch because I agree with one commentator on Fox News Radio (I think Fox, I switch a bunch) that said all that is going to happen is the two tribes are going to gather and watch only their guy or something like that. So true. 


And going back to last night’s post asking the FBI to step up and say something about this so called Biden investigation, all day both sides are so sure their side is correct. The Right says it is a travesty and the investigation needs to be made public and the Left is all in on how many holes that are in this story. Again the FBI seriously needs to step up and say something. I know they are not suppose to make certain statements when it might affect an election, but we are well past that being possible. We seriously need some direction about if there is an investigation or if the references made in the story about FBI involvement are valid. The lies being fed to the American public need to be exposed one way or another.


The madness has gone beyond a normal person’s ability to think, much less do normal things. At some point the people of this country need someone to clarify exactly what is the truth. Who that person could be right now is an extreme guess.


And speaking of normal, the better half and I ventured out so to speak. We have a very limited amount of places we feel comfortable going. Basically a few restaurants that we know the owners or have been going forever and have a comfort level to how they are handling the pandemic and the public. Today though after eating we went to “the mall”. And it was spooky. We hadn’t been in so long that it was a shock to see well over half the stores closed. We went at 7:30 or so to one of the main department stores and at 8 we started wandering the mall and were in complete shock. It was dark, like 11 o’clock dark, not 8. There were a few stores that were closing at 8 and that was it.  Every other store had been closed for awhile. A few had paper signs on the door with their hours and the vast majority had closed by 7. I felt a bit sad. I grew up in a different era, but to see the mall so empty, so desolate just hurt my soul. I am old enough that as teenagers we didn’t go to the mall to roam around like what became popular for teenagers my kids age. Going to the mall was a purposeful adventure. Tonight just got to me. I know times change and I know people like shopping online, but this did affect me. And about those online companies, they are abusing their employees. They should be boycotted till they pay better and create better environment, especially since the owners are multi multi billionaires. Just another serf creating business. 


And my apologies to the late Arthur Smith. I actually liked the song that became known as “Dueling Banjos”.  

No comments:

Post a Comment